Facilities and services
Parks Canada Visitor Centre in Churchill
Visit this Parks Canada cornerstone attraction in Churchill’s historic train station.
The Parks Canada Visitor Centre offers a variety of programs and exhibits which highlight Wapusk National Park, and Prince of Wales Fort and York Factory National Historic Sites.
The Visitor Centre in Churchill is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No more than 8 people are permitted inside at a time;
- Maintain a distance of at least two arm lengths (approximately two metres) from others, as much as possible;
- Hand sanitizer is available;
- We encourage the wearing of masks while inside;
- Please follow all directional markers;
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have travelled out of province in the last 14 days, we ask that you please stay at home in accordance with local health recommendations;
- Please respect staff and other visitors.
For a list of local accommodations, shops, restaurants and commercial tours that are available in Churchill, contact the following:
Travel Manitoba - Everything Churchill
Churchill Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 176
Churchilll MB R0B 0E0
Toll free: 1-888-389-2327
Two companies are licensed by Parks Canada to offer guided trips in Wapusk National Park. A licensed tour operator is required for all activities in the park with the exception of canoeing on the Owl River. Parks Canada strongly recommends using a licenced tour operator.
Please contact the companies directly to obtain a description of trips offered, as well as current information regarding trip dates and prices.
Frontiers North Adventures
P.O. Box 40063
Winnipeg MB R2C 4P3
Toll Free North America: 1-800-663-9832
Multi-use fenced compounds
There are two Parks Canada owned multi-use fenced compounds that can be used for safe camping within Wapusk National Park. Located along on the Broad and Owl Rivers, they can be accessed by canoe, airplane or helicopter. These fenced compounds are bear proof, have some limited facilities for fresh and waste water, and have washrooms.
There is a privately-owned research camp located south of Cape Churchill that is enclosed within a compound. It may be possible to use this camp in an emergency (i.e., equipment breakdown, severe weather event).
Contact the park office to arrange for use of these areas.
- Nester One Research Camp (Latitude 58.662008, Longitude -93.190604)
Park owned infrastructure:
- Broad River multi-use fenced compound (Latitude 58.125203, Longitude -92.954484)
- Owl River multi-use fenced compound (Latitude 57.82781476, Longitude -92.80652142)