What is the Parks Canada Red Chair Experience?
The red chairs placed in special locations around Mount Revelstoke and Glacier national parks are all about taking time to connect with nature and with each other. Some are easy to find, while others provide more of an adventure. All of them offer a place to rest, relax, and reflect on the place you’ve discovered and the journey you took to get there.
Where are the red chairs in Mount Revelstoke and Glacier national parks?
View the interactive map below and find them in these locations:
- Summit area Lake Revelstoke view (July to September only)
- Summit area Parapets (July to September only)
- Beaver Lodge Bike Park (April to October, snow dependent)
- Skunk Cabbage forest (currently out of service)
- Hemlock Grove boardwalk (May to October, dependent on wildlife activity)
- Meeting of the Waters (May to October, snow dependent)
Where did the red chair idea come from?
Our friends at Gros Morne National Park installed 18 sets of chairs throughout Gros Morne in 2013. Visitors have been seeking them out and sharing their chair adventures ever since! The program has grown to include a number of national parks including Mount Revelstoke, Glacier, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Jasper and Elk Island!