COVID-19 and your visit to S.S. Klondike National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to S.S. Klondike National Historic Site
If you are a Yukon resident or you meet the conditions for entry to Yukon, and are not required to self-isolate, you are welcome to visit the S.S. Klondike National Historic Site.
Please respect all local travel restrictions for communities in or near Parks Canada places:
- Avoid entering vulnerable communities while travelling to and from the site. Follow travel advisories issued by First Nation governments and communities: https://cyfn.ca/covid-19/
- If a First Nations government or community has not issued an advisory, travel responsibly and follow the Safe 6 +1 : https://yukon.ca/en/practisesafe6/home
- Follow the advice and guidelines from public health experts—in Yukon this includes practising the Safe 6 + 1
- Be self-sufficient and come prepared with your own “COVID-kit” including hand sanitizer, masks for everyone in your group, water and snacks.
- 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, every day
- Gift shop
- Public washrooms open
- Maximum of 6 people per tour (“bubbles” of more than 6 are allowed as long as no one else is on the tour)
Note: The upper decks of the S.S. Klondike remain closed due to structural concerns. Work to address these concerns is ongoing.
- For further details and to book a tour:
Phone number: 867-667-4511
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- NFB documentary In the Days of the Riverboats will be shown throughout the day
- Keep a healthy space of 2 metres between yourself and others.
- We strongly encourage all visitors to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when visiting indoor public spaces at S.S. Klondike National Historic Site. An indoor public space is any space with walls and a roof that can be accessed by members of the public.
- Come prepared with your own “COVID-kit” including hand sanitizer and masks for everyone in your group.
What's open (updated May 19, 2021)
The S.S. Klondike will be open daily from May 22 to September 6, 2021
Access to the S.S. Klondike will be by guided tour only. Self-guided visits of the S.S. Klondike vessel are temporarily not allowed.
Thank you for respecting our temporary restrictions and the continuing need to physically distance!
Your safety when visiting
Parks Canada is working with its partners to keep visitors and residents informed and safe.
For the most up to date information, visit: