The volunteering program at Fort Malden National Historic Site remains suspended at this time.
Outreach and special event volunteer
Volunteers will help Parks Canada staff deliver activities to the public at our own special events and also at local festivals, celebrations, trade shows, and sporting events in Southwestern Ontario. We are looking for volunteers in the following areas: Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo, London, Windsor, Amherstburg, or Leamington, Ontario.
What you will be doing:
- Promoting Parks Canada to the public and answering questions.
- Promoting an active and healthy lifestyle
- Learning about Canadian culture, history, and nature.
- Sharing your passion of Parks Canada places with others.
- Setting up and taking down portable booths and activities.
- Assisting with activities such as airbrush tattoos, scavenger hunts, green screen photo booths, and family crafts.
- Demonstrating our website using portable tablet devices.
- Bringing Parka to life, taking pictures with event goers, reading story time with Parka, and performing her “song and dance.”
- Encouraging others to volunteer for Parks Canada.
- You must be 14 years or older to apply.
- Prior experience is not required.
- Good communication skills are an asset.
- Volunteers will be expected to travel at their own cost. Some meals may be provided or reimbursed.
- A screening process will follow the application to suitability.
- Volunteers will be contacted on an as needed basis, based on events going on in their communities.
How to apply:
Contact the Southwestern Ontario Field Unit Volunteer Coordinator: JoelAnthony.Forget@Canada.ca.
Fort Malden Volunteer
Volunteers help to make Fort Malden a special place for visitors. There are a variety of activities and experiences for volunteers at Fort Malden. We like to encourage volunteers to connect with the fort in ways that meet their interests. If there are opportunities that are of interest to you, please let us know!
Benefits of volunteering with Parks Canada:
- Connect with and share in the history of Fort Malden
- See what happens behind the scenes at the site
- Meet new people
- Experience the place like you never have before
Parks Canada works with the Friends of Fort Malden to provide volunteer opportunities. The Friends of Fort Malden is a volunteer association dedicated to enhancing experiences at Fort Malden and in the community of Amherstburg.
For more information visit the Friends of Fort Malden website.