COVID-19 and your visit to Fort George National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Fort George National Historic Site
Fort George National Historic Site is open 12-5pm Wednesday to Sunday from June to October 2021.
Note: infrastructure projects at Fort George, Fort Mississauga, and the Junior Commissariat Officer’s Quarters are proceeding as per their established schedule. Visitors must respect all signage and exercise caution relating to these sites and their construction zones.
What’s open (updated July 15, 2021)
- Visitor Reception Centre
- Gift shop
- Niagara heritage trails
- Historic demonstrations
- Private pre-booked tours
- Heritage buildings open with limited capacity and directional signage
- Officer’s Quarters
- Officer’s Kitchen
- Blockhouse 1
- Blockhouse 2
- Please note: some heritage buildings remain closed to the public. Visitors are able to look into these heritage spaces from the doorway
What’s closed (updated July 15, 2021)
- Heritage buildings
- Tunnel and Octagonal Blockhouse: No access
- Cottage, Guardhouse, Powder magazine, Artificer’s shop: Visitors are able to look into these heritage spaces from the doorway
- All special events and group events remain suspended
Your safety when visiting
- Visitors must respect physical distancing of 2 metres / 6.5 feet
- Visitors must respect all signage, including signage on pets
- Infrastructure projects are underway and visitors must exercise caution near these construction zones
- Leave no trace when you visit outdoor spaces – take all waste with you.
- Be extra cautious when engaging in recreational activities to avoid injury
- Respect the guidance of public health authorities to help keep our families, friends, and neighbours healthy and safe
Parks Canada is working with provincial counterparts, local municipalities, and communities to keep visitors and residents informed and safe.
For the most up to date information, visit: