COVID-19 and your visit to Signal Hill National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Signal Hill
To lower the risks associated with COVID-19, visitors to Signal Hill National Historic Site are asked to be cautious and conservative in their use of the site, to observe travel restrictions, adhere to site closures and to respect the guidance of public health authorities.
What’s open as of September 6, 2021
- Visitor Centre (including washrooms and exhibit) - Wednesday to Sunday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Gift Shop (Cabot Tower 1st floor) - Daily, 10:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- Guided full-site tours - Wednesday to Sunday, 10:30 am. Ask at the Visitor Centre for availability.
- Noon Day Gun - Saturday and Sunday. Call 709-772-5367 to book.
- North Head Trail
- Ladies' Lookout Trail
- Gibbett Hill Trail
- Centre to Citadel Trail
- Burma Road Trail
What’s closed as of September 6, 2021
- Queen's Battery Barracks
- Cabot Tower 2nd and 3rd floors
- Special events and large group activities
Your safety when visiting
- Non-medical masks or face coverings are now mandatory in all indoor, public spaces in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Maintain social distance of 6 feet from others even when outdoors.
- Wash your hands often, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol, and avoid sharing supplies with others.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces that are often touched, such as doorknobs and handrails.
- Some areas and facilities remain closed to the public. Please respect all on site signage and barriers, as well as the directional signage for trail use.
- Do not venture too close to the edge of cliffs, scale rock faces, or climb or sit on wall ledges.