COVID-19 and your visit to Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site
Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site is open with limited access to visitor facilities and services. Visits are self-guided only.
Interpretive programming and events at Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site are suspended until further notice.
Non-medical masks or face coverings are required for everyone when visiting indoor public spaces at Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site.
Remember to follow public health authority guidance and advice for your area, including travel advisories. Most importantly, stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms, or if you’ve been in contact with someone who has symptoms or has been diagnosed with the virus.
What’s open (updated July 13, 2020)
- Visitor Facilities
- Parking Lot
- Gift Shop
What’s closed (updated July 13, 2020)
- Interpretive programming and events
- Group bookings
Your safety when visiting
- Non-medical masks or face coverings are required for visitors when visiting indoor public spaces at Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site. An indoor public space is any space with walls and a roof that can be accessed by the members of the public.
- Keep a healthy space of 2 metres between you (or your family group) and others.
- Practice proper hygiene as directed by health authorities.
- Stay home if you are sick or if you were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Respect all onsite direction and signage. Some will be new and will help ensure physical distancing.
- Be self-sufficient by bringing your own clean trip kit, including hand sanitizer, garbage bags, masks when recommended by health authorities.
- You are responsible for your own safety. Be cautious when engaging in activities in order to avoid injury and/or getting lost to help minimize the demands placed on emergency response, search and rescue teams, and on the health care system.
- Leave no trace when you visit outdoor spaces. Please take all your garbage with you and help keep these special places clean.
- Abide by all travel advisories and health recommendations.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited
- Be kind and patient with each other. We are all in this together!