The Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site is available for rental during non-public hours for conference receptions, weddings, corporate functions and private parties. The 55,000 square foot museum offers a unique environment and allows visitors to explore the museum during the course of the event. The Cannery can accommodate 130 for a sit-down dinner or 400 for a stand-up reception.
For outdoor events, the 150 person “Tank Farm Deck” is available for a barbecue area.
The Boiler house theatre is available for workshops, seminars, presentations and meetings. This intimate environment provides seating for 55 people and is set up for audio and video presentations.
- Rental hours are 5 pm to 11 pm after operating hours.
- Rentals are generally not possible when the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Historic Site is open to the public.
- The building and much of the contents are historic artifacts, therefore decoration and signage for events is limited to freestanding items.
- No open flame (i.e. candles) is allowed, with the exception of standard catering warming flames.
- Renter must obtain third party liability insurance, with a minimum $2,000,000 loss payable per claim.
- Renter must obtain required permits and/or licenses if alcoholic beverages are to be served on site.
Please contact the Operations Manager via email or 604.664.9134.