Heritage Venue Rentals
Various spaces at the Cave and Basin are available for rental for your next event, function or reception, and provide a breathtaking escape from the ordinary in a historic setting. Immerse your guests in the sights, sounds and stories of this iconic landmark for an experience that is both inspiring and memorable.
- Story Hall – The beautifully crafted, original 1914 vaulted ceilings of this space have been uncovered, making this an exciting location for a stand-up cocktail reception, seated dinner, film screening, presentation, or team building space.
- Galletly Building – This space includes a 40-seat theatre and multi-functional room.
- Belvedere Viewing Decks – These scenic covered external view decks provide 360 degrees of inspiration for group outdoor programming, wedding ceremonies, exploration and team building.
- Historic Pool Deck – A group of up to 250 can gather outdoors on the old pool deck to enjoy the night skies or cinema under the stars.
This inspirational heritage venue is conveniently located minutes from Banff Avenue, and allows motor coach access to the site. The Cave and Basin offers flexible programming space, peaceful trails for group exploration, 1 km of boardwalks over pristine marshland and awe-inspiring scenery.
Most spaces at the Cave and Basin, including the cave, story hall and pool deck, can only be rented after hours. Click here for hours of operation.
- Historic Rundlestone building picturesquely nestled at the base of Sulphur Mountain
- Multi-room, indoor-outdoor venue
- Breathtaking mountain views from the Belvedere viewing decks
- Gate-controlled bus drop off for those who need access
- 150 spaces of free parking with additional accessible parking
- Ample flexibility for you to organise an event to suite your needs
Enhance your event with the following add-ons
- Guided interpretation with Parks Canada heritage presenters – either in Parks Canada uniform or as historic Banff characters
- Visits to the cave by lantern light
- 4-screen HD immersive short video about Parks Canada
As a National Historic Site, the Cave and Basin is protected for all Canadians. We require that those renting out space are mindful of protecting our natural and cultural resources, including endangered species and historic architecture. We’d be happy to provide a tour of the site and a discussion about how you can use the space while helping us protect this special place.
Ask us how we can help with your special event! For additional details about venues, programming, technology and catering options, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.