COVID-19 and your visit to Bar U Ranch National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Bar U Ranch National Historic Site
Bar U Ranch National Historic Site is offering complete visitor access and services.
Information on what is open, what visitors can expect, and how to prepare for your visit is listed in the sections below.
Information will be updated regularly.
Visiting Bar U Ranch National Historic Site may be different than it has been in the past. Your cooperation is required to ensure a safe experience for yourself and others.
All visitors and staff are required to follow physical distancing protocols. For the safety of staff and visitors, Parks Canada staff will continue to wear masks in indoor spaces.
What’s open (updated September 21, 2021)
- Parking lot
- Admission to the national historic site and access to public washrooms
- Site grounds
- Walking trails
- Bar U Ranch Café (Please note: The Bar U cafe is serving take-out meals only.)
- Bar U Ranch gift shop
- All historic buildings
- The Bar U Ranch volunteer program has resumed, please contact us for more details.
What’s closed (updated July 1, 2021)
- Group activities, special events and facility rentals are suspended at the Bar U Ranch this summer
Your safety when visiting
- Visitors should follow the advice of public health experts, including necessary hygiene practices and physical distancing of two metres from others
- The priority of the government is the health and safety of Canadians and limiting the spread of COVID-19. Parks Canada is asking Bar U Ranch National Historic Site visitors to come prepared by bringing weather-appropriate clothing and protective supplies such as hand sanitizer and masks
- We encourage all visitors to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when visiting indoor public spaces at Bar U Ranch National Historic Site. An indoor public space is any space with walls and a roof that can be accessed by the members of the public, e.g. visitor centre, historic buildings.
- Please take your garbage with you to help keep the Bar U Ranch clean and tidy
- No pets are allowed on the site or in the visitor centre for the safety and the security of your pet, our livestock and yourself
- Ticks and other small insects are found on site at the Bar U Ranch. Protect yourself from Lyme disease